10-POINT GUIDELINES ISSUED BY THE TRUSTEES OF THE RAMAKRISHNA MISSION
To be eligible to be a member a member of the Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Bhav Prachar Parishad,a Private Centre have to abide by the following Rules:
1. The Private Centre shold be registered as a Religious Trust and/or under the Societies Registration Act and must follow the spiritual and ethical ideas and principles of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission and conduct their activities along the lines along the lines of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission.
- 2. The Private Centre should have a close rapport with, and a loyal attitude towards,the Math and Mission.
- 3. The members of the management committee of the Private Centre (by whatever name that committee be called) should no connection whatsoever with political parties. The member should have no connection whatsoever with groups and organisations that are not approved by the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission.
- 4. No swami or Brahmachari who has left the Ramakrishna Order for whatever reason (except purely medical) should be allowed to stay in or be associated with the Private Centre.
- 5. The Private centre should maintain proper records and books of its finances and accounts which should be audited annually by Chartered Accountants.
- 6. The Private Centre, besides its other activities must render some social activities, curative and/or preventive, among the poor of the immediate neighbourhood.
- 7. The Private Centre should take up some welfare work among the rural Harijans and/or Girijans and/or other backward communities.
- 8. The Private Centre should pay attention to the youth of the locality. Weekly or fortnightly study circles, annual competition in easy-writing, recitation ,music,elocution, etc., may be organised. Grown-up boys and girls should have separate circles. Swami Vivekananda’s birthday, i.e. 12th January, declared ,as the National Youth Day by the Goverment of India, should be observed by every Centre.
- 9. Besides holding class on the scriptures, the Centre should arrange for sale of Ramakrishna –Vivekananda literature for propagation of the inspiring message of Ramakrishna –Vivenanda Movement, each centre should have library with sufficient number of books on Ramakrishna –Vivekananda literature.
- 10. Whenever occasion arises,the Private Centre should render relief services to people suffering from calamities. It may be done independently or under the guidance of the Math and the Mission.
The Centres under a Parishad should jointly hold annual celebration .The Prominent centres can take up the responsibility of organising the celebration bt rotation. Besides, traditional Puja,aratrikam, Prasad distribution and religious discourses, one day may be devoted exclusively to the cause of the youth and children. Competitions,................,music etc., held in different Centres may have their culmination here. One morning, procession of devotees and boys and girls of local schools and colleges may be led through streets of the town/village where the celebration will be held. It should usually be followed by a short public meeting.
[Private centre means an ashrama/ a centre not affiliated to Ramakrishna Math or Ramakrishna Mission]