History of VVM School
lmbibed with the ideal of "Service to Man" is "Service to God" as propounded by the great patriot saint of lndia Swami Vivekananda, a group of devotees of "Ramakrishna Mission" in the HEC Complex at Dhurwa, Ranchi formed an Association named Sri Ramakrishna Seva Sangha for self-realization through worship and selfless service inspired by guidance and blessings of Late Srimat Swami Vedantanandaji Maharaj, the then Secretary of Sri Ramakrishna Mission TB Sanatorium, Tupudana, Ranchi.
Vivekananda Vidya Mandir was started by Sri Ramakrishna Seva Sangha, the foundation of which was laid on the auspicious day of Rath Yatra in the year 1970 on the plot of land alloted by the authorities of the Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited, Dhurwa,Ranchi. The Vidya Mandir is an English Medium Coeducational School from Nursery to Std.-XII affiliated to CBSE, Delhi. lt is run by Sri Ramakrishna Seva Sangha, Jagannath Nagar, P O. Dhurwa, Ranchi-834004, a registered society. Our country is passing through a reformation in the education System; where we stress on 'Holistic Education" which reflects Sampurna Shiksha. Vivekananda Vidya Mandir will always strive for "Man making Education" alongwith blending of Science ond Technology with modern education.
- Care and respect for People and the environment in a context of social, moral, multi-cultural and spiritual awareness.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A responsibility for the own learning and actions.
- An awareness of the modern world and an environmental and aesthetic appreciation of it.
- The ability to understand and analyse information.
- A creative and enquiring mind committed to life long learning.